Common Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents
Personal Injury Attorneys at Hoyt & Hoyt, P.C. Help Motorcycle Crash Victims Throughout Northern NJ: Morris County, Sussex County, Middlesex County, and Essex County
It is no surprise that, more often than not, there are severe injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident. If a rider is lucky, they have the power and strength to walk away from a collision or suffer only minor scrapes and bruises known in the motorcycle world as “road rash.” However, unlucky riders end up unconscious or with broken bones. Some even need to be taken from the scene by ambulance or medevac helicopter. Whether the injuries threaten a rider’s life immediately or affect their future day-to-day life, it is important for you to put your efforts toward recovery.
Rockaway personal injury lawyer Jack Hoyt of Hoyt & Hoyt, P.C. has over 35 years of legal experience when it comes to motorcycle accident litigation. He has worked on both sides of the courtroom, defending corporations like Harley Davidson, Honda, and Kawasaki before moving to representing you, the motorcycle rider, in personal injury claims. Also a rider himself, Mr. Hoyt will do all he can to make sure that you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Common Injuries Suffered in Denville Motorcycle Accidents
Even if a motorcycle rider takes all the necessary precautions to ride safely — like wearing a DOT-approved helmet, high-ankled boots, gloves, etc. — motorcycle accidents can still lead to traumatic and debilitating injuries. The severity of these injuries can be compounded, depending on how soon they are tended to after a motorcycle accident.
In Morris County, Sussex County, Warren County, Essex County, and elsewhere in Northern New Jersey, there is a wide spectrum of injuries that can occur as a result of a motorcycle accident. The lucky riders walk away to ride another day, while the unlucky riders see their world get turned upside down and inside out. According to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 80% of motorcycle accidents result in severe and/or catastrophic injuries. Here is a list of common injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents:
- Head Injury/Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – A TBI comes as the result of a severe blow to the head, which can cause a skull fracture. Symptoms like short-term forgetfulness, concentration problems, nausea, and dizziness can indicate brain trauma.
- Spinal Cord Injury – These types of injuries can be debilitating and life altering. Paralysis is often the outcome following a spinal cord injury.
- Road Rash – Many believe that road rash is just a few scrapes and bruises, but in reality road rash can be much worse. Improperly treated road rash can lead to skin irritations, infections, and surface nerve damage. Skin grafts are often used to treat road rash.
- Fractured/Broken Bones – When a rider hits the pavement during a motorcycle accident, the force could result in broken limbs or disfigurement.
- Wrongful Death – The most unfortunate outcome of a motorcycle collision is death, which can be the result of a significant impact or blow to the head.
Why Hire Our Morristown, NJ Injury Attorneys to Handle Your New Jersey Motorcycle Accident Case?
Catastrophic injuries as the result of a motorcycle accident are unfortunate, but Jack Hoyt and the attorneys at Hoyt & Hoyt, P.C. in Morristown and New Brunswick are ready to fight for you. They will make sure you do not get the runaround from insurance companies and get the care you deserve. The New Jersey-based law firm has a group of physician specialists who help evaluate any medical issues involved. They also utilize experts in these cases to determine the compensation that will keep you under quality care for the rest of your life.
If you or a family member has suffered a catastrophic or severe injury following a motorcycle accident in Rockaway Townshop, Parsippany, Edison, Old Bridge, or anywhere else in NJ, the experienced Morris County personal injury lawyers at Hoyt & Hoyt, P.C. can help. Contact our Morristown law office to schedule a free initial consultation today.