Slip & Fall Accident Attorney in Morristown, NJ
Experienced Lawyer Representing Slip And Fall Victims in Morris County, Sussex County, Sussex County and the Surrounding Areas of Northern Jersey
Some of the most common property-related injuries result from falls. Many people are seriously injured after slipping on spilled liquid in a store aisle, on an icy sidewalk or in a snowy parking lot. Tripping over merchandise left in store aisles or on objects left on the floor of a nursing home are other common examples of scenarios that cause dangerous falls.
People who suffer injuries in slip-and-fall accidents often feel it was their own fault in some way. While the law does require people to use reasonable care, that does not mean property owners or property managers are off the hook for dangerous conditions that they have allowed to continue.
Obligations Of Property Owners In New Jersey
Property owners and managers have an obligation to maintain their property so that it is reasonably safe and to warn people of any known dangers.
- Property owners have a duty to clean up spills as soon as the spill is noticed.
- Property owners must put up a sign or block off areas where the floor is wet.
- Store owners must keep store aisles clear of tripping hazards.
- Nursing homes must keep hallways safe for frail, elderly residents to walk.
- Property owners must shovel and de-ice sidewalks within a reasonable amount of time.
- If a dangerous property condition persists or occurs repeatedly (such as a spill from a leaking roof), the owner must repair it.
If you were injured because of the negligence of a property owner, the law allows you to seek compensation for your injuries, lost income, and other damages. Contact us for a free initial consultation about your premises liability case.
Personal injury lawyer John “(Jack” Hoyt is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a civil trial attorney. Only 2 percent of attorneys in New Jersey hold this distinction. Year after year, he has been included on the New Jersey Super Lawyers* list (top 5 percent of attorneys in NJ) by his fellow attorneys, and he is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum in recognition of the high recoveries he’s made for injured clients.
Our firm has handled slip-and-fall cases involving wet floors, icy or snowy sidewalks and slippery staircases in retail stores, on private property and on government property. We understand that trip- or slip-and-fall accidents can result in extremely serious injuries that can affect both your ability to work and your ability to enjoy life:
- Broken wrists and arms and broken hips (especially in the elderly)
- Back injuries such as herniated disks
Over 35 Years Of Legal Experience With Injury Laws In New Jersey
If you were injured in a slip-and-fall accident, we can help. Contact the law office of Hoyt & Hoyt, PC, to schedule a free initial consultation either by phone at 973-292-2299 or through the online contact form.
Se habla español.